Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scuba Diving in Honduras...Coming Soon!

Beth and I just finalized plans for our first week of Christmas vacation before we come home to the U.S. We will be spending it on the Caribbean island or Roatan, which is off of Honduras and home to the second largest natural reef in the world, making it a big destination spot for scuba divers.

We'll be staying at this lovely looking place. And to further entice us, there's actually a craft brewery on the island! www.roatanbrewery.com I didn't think there were any in Central America.

Neither of us have ever scuba dived before, so we will be spending the week getting certified and doing dives towards that certification. There will also be another couple from school joining us which will be fun. I really hope to see a whale shark!


As if we weren't excited enough about coming home for break, now we have this to look forward to as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm more than jealous. It looks disgustingly beautiful. Lynda and I spoke last night about how jealous we both were. It didn't help when I reminded her about the beautiful tans you would be bringing home.

The Tilted Tulip said...

No way! Matt and I just watched a documentary about whale-sharks. Yikes!

Deanna said...

I've been scuba diving for a little over a year now and I love it! Who are you going through to get your certification?