Friday, February 20, 2009

Pacaya Porter: Success!


I just sampled the first Pacaya Porter with my good friend Matt, and I can happily say the beer turned out successfully! It's even a little early to be sampling it (I should have waited at minimum till next Wednesday), but it's already tasting good. It came out the right color with a tan head, has a pleasant dark, fruity smell, the body is nice with a subtle carbonation (hoping this will improve a little more over the coming weeks) and the flavor is surprisingly good. I really had low expectations for my first beer and this one far exceeded them. I'm very happy right now.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Nice work, my man - Aces. I'm really glad to hear it went well, although I'm not surprised to find out that given your talents, the first time was a success. I only wish I could try it!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy,

Congrats! I'm following closely in your footsteps as my Nut Brown has just been stoppered and is beginning to ferment.

Rukes

kjl said...

Hooray for your beer and hooray that the Kirklands are in Guat! Hope you guys are having a wonderful time!

jake said...

Excellent news brewmaster Mildren!