Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lake Addiction

This week I got very sick from a bacteria infection and ended up in the hospital. It wasn't anything long-lasting and the good doctors were immensely helpful. But sadly because I was on a restricted diet and still not 100%, James and I had to stay in Guatemala City instead of going on a fun 4-day Thanksgiving Day weekend trip to Semuc Champey.

In order to boost my spirits (and since there is nothing going on worth blogging about unless you count The Price is Right and games of Scrabble), I've decided to post some pictures of the previous two long weekends in which we have gone with friends to Aaculaax, an eco-lodge on Lake Atitlan.


September

The lake

The group

Path to Aaculaax

Room at Aaculaax

Lake swimming!

Couple Jump

Actual color of the water


Kari at Moonfish Cafe


October


Horseback riding around part of the lake

Yee Haw!

Playing Guesstures

Jungle Party

NOFX's first ever Barbershop Quartet



2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, Beth! :( But thanks for posting about your Lake Atitlan adventure. I had never heard of that eco-lodge, but I was astounded to see the photos and their website. Wish I had known about that before! We're going to be at the Lake very soon, and we can't wait! Hope you have a very speedy recovery!

kjl said...

So sorry you've been sick, Beth! I hope you're back to 100% really soon. Glad you guys got to enjoy some lake weekends before your illness. Can't wait to see you both in a few weeks!