Thursday, May 28, 2009

How Rafa Plays Fetch



This morning while in the bathroom, the ever-curious Rafa surprised me by leaping from the sink to the top of the bathroom door for no apparent reason. I guess he just wanted to see what was up there, or possibly have a better vantage point for hunting me. I let him stay up there a while so I could get some pictures, and then I helped him down. But wanting to catch him on video making the jump, I figured I could lure him back with one of Beth's hair ties--his absolute favorite toy. He loves to play fetch with these, and when he's not playing with them, he hoards them in his food and water bowls. So, sure enough, after visibly placing the hair tie on top of the door, it was just a matter of seconds before he went after it. He surprised me again by making the leap back down to the floor and then later back across to the sink. Rafa went up and down five times before I thought he ought to take a rest. What a cool cat!

If you want to see more leaps, check out our YouTube page HERE.

p.s. Today is our 4-year wedding anniversary! I love you, Beth!

10 comments:

Lynda said...

Mildren cats do the craziest things! So much talent and good looks too! I have to say that was the best stunt ever performed by one of our feline family members.

Mandi said...

Aaaahhhh! Crazy Rafa! Smart too. Were you scared the first time he did it? Happy Anniversary!

Roart said...

Wow...absolutely amazing. Thats so kool!!!

Beth said...

What a talented kitty! He gets his talent from me and his dashing good looks from James, of course.

I love you, too, James! Happy Anniversary, and thanks for posting this fun video!

Linden said...

Ha ha ha! So funny! I miss having kittes!

And another reason to get a video camera. :)

emilyemib said...

That. Is. Amazing. You have a stunt cat! You need to get him in Purina commercials or something. We're getting a new kitty in July; that will be his first trick!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!!!
Dad Steve

Bets said...

On Today's To Do List:
Get dog interested in rubber bands.
Teach dog to leap onto counters.
Convince her that perching on top of the door is fun.
Take video of said trick!
:)

Betsy Leighninger said...

What a talented kitteh! Too funny!

Jenny Knight said...

Wow. That's one agile cat.