Thursday, August 23, 2007

Daily Drawing

Some of you may wonder how I stay busy during the day. One of the ways is by drawing. I've loved to draw my whole life, but I have more often been frustrated by it than enjoyed it. So, I've neglected my talent and done next to nothing art-wise since switching majors back in 2002. Now that I'm here, I'm trying to devote time each day to drawing (and soon painting, once Randy and I are set up). I'm going through this amazing book by Preston Blair which teaches you how to draw in the great looking cartoon style of the '40s (think Merry Melodies and Looney Tunes). I'm basically copying every drawing in the book a few times over. This is what I did earlier. Such an ashamed dog...


And here are some pretty roses I bought Beth yesterday in honor of her first official day of the school year. Flowers are plentiful and cheap here, so Beth's going to receive a lot more than what she was used to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww! Lot of flowers? Lucky guy, lol and lucky girl. Congratulations on your first day of school Bethy!

kjl said...

I love the drawings, James! Keep it up! :) Beth, I hope you LOVE the new job! :)

Mandi said...

Hi James and Beth!
Sorry this is the first time I have written, but I wanted to let you know Aaron and I are thoroughly enjoying your blog! And admittedly we are a little jealous of all of your new adventures, we can not wait to come visit. I have to say, Lawrence is not the same without you, and we miss you! Beth, I hope you loved your first day, I can't wait to hear about how that goes for you. And James, it is so great that you are drawing again, I can't wait to see more.

Adam said...

Hey can you order me a grande latte and a bagel from that room service menu? Thanks.